If the furnace stops functioning, it’s vital to know what to do. In this post, we’ll discuss some of the steps you can take to get your furnace back up and running. We’ll also talk about some of the things you should avoid doing if your furnace is malfunctioning. So don’t wait – read on for tips on how to deal with a broken furnace. Steps to take if your furnace breaks down:
1. Check the power supply. Make sure that your furnace is plugged in and that there is power to the outlet.
2. Check the thermostat. If the furnace is turned off, turn it on and set the temperature to a warm setting.
3. Check for blockages. Clear any debris or obstructions from around the furnace.
4. Check the pilot light. If the pilot light is out, relight it according to the instructions in your furnace manual.
5. Check the burner. If the burner is dirty, clean it according to the instructions in your furnace manual.
6. Call a professional. If you’ve tried all of the above steps and your furnace still isn’t working, it’s time to call a heating contractor.
Things to avoid if your furnace breaks down:
1. Don’t try to repair the furnace yourself. Unless you are a qualified heating contractor, you should not attempt to repair the furnace yourself. Doing so could void your warranty or even cause further damage to the furnace.
2. Don’t use alternative heating sources. Using space heaters, fireplaces, or other alternative heating sources can put unnecessary strain on your furnace and potentially cause a fire.
3. Do not ignore the issue. If you notice that your furnace isn’t working properly, don’t ignore the issue. Call a professional right away to have the issue diagnosed and repaired.
4. Don’t wait until it’s too late. If you wait until your furnace stops working completely before you call a professional, you may be without heat for an extended period. It’s best to call a heating contractor at the first sign of trouble so that they can fix the problem before it becomes a more serious issue.
5. Don’t forget to change your furnace filter. A dirty furnace filter can cause a variety of problems, including reduced efficiency and increased wear and tear on the furnace. Be sure to change your furnace filter according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
If you follow these tips, you can avoid some of the most common mistakes people make when their furnace breaks down. Remember, if you have any questions or concerns, be sure to call a professional heating contractor in Quakertown, PA for help.
American Home Comfort, LLC is a professional heating contractor in Quakertown, PA. We offer a variety of services, including furnace repair, furnace installation, and furnace maintenance.
Call us today at 610-960-9375 to schedule a consultation!