If you’re like most homeowners, you probably don’t think about your furnace until it’s not working properly. Regular furnace maintenance in Quakertown, PA can help avoid problems down the road and keep your furnace running smoothly all winter long. Here are five tips to help you get started:
1) Change your air filter regularly. A dirty air filter can cause your furnace to work harder than necessary, leading to decreased efficiency and increased energy costs. Most filters should be replaced every month or two, depending on the type of filter and how often your home is used. If required, schedule heat pump repair services in Quakertown, PA to avoid any inconvenience in the future.
2) Inspect your ducts and vents for leaks. Leaky ducts can cause your furnace to work harder than necessary, leading to decreased efficiency and increased energy costs. Inspect your ducts and vents regularly for leaks, and seal any that you find.
3) Clean your furnace regularly. A clean furnace will operate more efficiently than a dirty one. Every few months, vacuum the area around your furnace to remove dust and debris. You should also have your furnace professionally cleaned every year.
4) Check the operation of your thermostat. A faulty thermostat can cause your furnace to overwork, leading to decreased efficiency and increased energy costs. Test your thermostat regularly to ensure that it is working properly.
5) Schedule annual maintenance. Annual maintenance is the best way to keep your furnace running smoothly and efficiently. During a maintenance visit, a technician will inspect your furnace and make any necessary repairs. They will also clean your furnace and perform any necessary adjustments.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your furnace running smoothly all winter long. If you have any questions about furnace maintenance or looking for boiler repair near Quakertown, PA, or if you need to schedule a maintenance visit, contact the experts at American Home Comfort today.
Call 610-756-1235 today to speak with a member of our team!